The Office of the Treasurer is focused on the management, investment and financing of the University’s balance sheet with the goal of delivering financial flexibility characterized by strong governance.
We seek to:
- Manage the cash flows in and out of the university in the most efficient and secure environment
- Invest and protect the university’s financial assets to meet its liquidity needs while optimizing returns within appropriate risk parameters
- Optimize financing structures for both long and short term capital needs with an emphasis on maintaining credit strength and a low cost of capital
- Provide counsel, standardized processes and oversight to the management of the University’s varied business models
- Manage the University’s risk within an environment characterized by a pro-active approach toward safety, loss prevention and control, while striving for efficiency in our insurance coverage, claim processing and costs
- Deliver the financial analysis tools and expertise to enable the implementation of the University’s strategic plan